Monday 7 November 2011

A Hill By Any Other Name

I've lived here most of my life and I've travelled the roads of this community over and over again.  I've done them walking, driving, riding a bike, pushing a stroller and pulling a wagon but it wasn't until I started running that I noticed the many subtle changes in elevation.  On what once seemed like long level stretches of road, I've become acutely aware of slight changes in grade.  Some of the slopes are visibly imperceptible but my body knows.  The legs don't lie.  Nobody's ever been fooled by "a gluteal illusion" or "a trick of the quads".  A slope, a grade, a change in pitch, a rise in elevation, call it what you want but there's hills in them thar roads!

A hill by any other name would feel as steep

Today's route was a hilly 5.5km.

No comments:

Post a Comment