Saturday 3 December 2011

Phoebe Buffay

First of all, with respect to HBBC, can I just say that eating 7 servings of fruits and vegetables a day is hard? Like, harder than running a mile? Who knew?

Okay, I am feeling so much better now! I'm still coughing but I think (I hope!) I might finally have recovered from pneumonia. It was gorgeous outside today, 1°C and sunny, so I decided to go out for a run. I chose a hilly route of 4.26km (2.65 miles) and planned to take my time and enjoy the fresh air, the sunshine and the exercise. The run felt slow while I was doing it but considering that I'm just coming back from being sick, was running 10 and 1s, hit two red lights and ran up three hills I think thirty minutes is a pretty good time. My legs didn't feel strong but that's from lack of recent practice and activity. More running, regular activity and muscle memory will take care of that pretty quickly, I think. Since I haven't been out much lately so I wasn't sure what to wear and overdressed. I should have used this handy "What To Wear" chart that appeared in the National Post last week. D'oh!

The beauty of running at a certain time of day is that the sun hits your back at that perfect angle so your shadow looks long and lean in front of you. You can imagine that you look like a real athlete and not what you fear you might actually look like: Phoebe Buffay.



Or perhaps this little beauty:


No comments:

Post a Comment